Monday, March 8, 2010

Our Engagement

After 4 years of dating and buying a house, many people thought an engagement might not happen. So needless to say when my 24th birthday came around I had convinced myself that a ring was not in the cards. My wonderful friend Monica was throwing me a birthday party at the house and so I spent the morning cleaning and preparing some yummy food. Dan, on the other hand, decided that day was the perfect day to go birthday shopping. (Waiting until the last minute is totally Dan)

After a few hours of shopping, Dan comes home. He sits my present on the trunk lid of his car, out in the garage and comes in to say hi. Beau and Monica had already gotten to the house. Curious as I was, I kept my guesses at what it could be to a minimun. Once I opened the first box, there was a second, smaller box. So I unwrapped this box to find...another smaller box. This was the jewelry box from Kay's. I was still in denial at this point, so I thought earrings or maybe a new necklace. Meanwhile, Dan is casually leaning against my car not looking at me or saying anything.

So imagine my suprise when I open the lid of the box and find a sparkly ring staring back at me! Of course I immediately start crying, and Monica starts jumping up and down while hitting Beau on the arm.

That one moment has by far been one of the best moments of my life and I wouldn't have wanted it to happen any other way. I spent the rest of the night sharing our exciting news with all of our friends coming to celebrate my birthday. Needless to say the reactions that night were of elation as well as shock that Dan had finally asked. I then spent the next year dreaming and planning...

No comments:

Post a Comment