Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Game of Life

Have you ever thought, If I could play the board game "Life", how would my game end? I know its just a boardgame, but what if it could be a mirror to reality?

First you start off by either going to college or starting a job. Of course there will be roadblocks along the way, but you can count on gaining worthy life tiles, as well as many, many paychecks. The second part is getting married, buying a home and if your lucky, soon a little bundle of joy will come. The next half will be full of ups and downs, winning prizes and paying taxes, but you'll always have your partner with you. If your lucky enough to get through the game without hitting too many roadblocks you'll be able to retire in the lap of luxury.

But unlike the game of life, real life doesn't always happen quite like you plan. Sometimes I question if, while growing up, I made the best decisions for myself. Of course I like to think I did, but sometimes I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I love my life right now, I just can't help but wonder. Sometimes I wish I was more outgoing and more able to speak my feelings to others. I tend to retreat into myself when emotional battles surface because I don't like sharing that much detail and possibly hurting others in the process. My wonderful husband has helped me to start dealing with this, but old habits die hard I guess. There are still things that are very hard for me to share with him and I think part of it is because I don't want to open myself up to humility and ultimatley rejection. So hopefully, this blog will be an open window for me. A way to let things come and go. A way to share and be open.

But the ultimate reward is knowledge... because no matter what you've done in the past, if while in the present you wish to change, you can. Because the future is yet to be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment