Monday, November 15, 2010

Crazy is the new normal

Well it has been a crazy, hectic last few weeks in our house. Due mostly to having the cutest little puppy around. I knew when we brought Lola home that things were going to change, but little did I know how much! (Apparently I forgot about this stage because the last dog I had was when I was 12)

Here are some of the big changes:

*Not getting to sleep throughout the night anymore. Lola gets up at least twice a night to go potty. While thankfully, she now goes outside and immediately relieves herself, it is still a disruption to MY schedule to have to wake up and put on many layers of clothes to go outside for 2 minutes...oh well, who needs a full nights sleep?

*Gone are the days where I can just sit down on the couch and eat a snack or a quick meal. Lola has to be in my lap or on my shoulders almost constantly. And she feels that anything I have, she should have also. (This coming from a puppy who hasn't ever had human food)

*Getting to go to the bathroom(myself) by myself. Enough said!

*Cleaning, doing laundry, basically anything that involves leaving the room Lola is in is just about impossible. I just hate to hear her whinning. But I know when she stops whinning, its usually because she's found something to chew up, like my cushions, coffee table, or shoes.

But with all these things we've given up since getting Lola, I couldn't imagine not having her with us. She is quite entertaining and can be super cuddly and loving that you can't help but smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment